Multi Trade Operative
Birmingham & Surrounding Areas (Including patches in Coventry & Northampton)
Up to £45,000 per annum + Company Vehicle & Fuel (inclusive of bonus and out of hours)
39 hours per week
Full Time, Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for experienced Trades people to join us as we look to grow our In-House Maintenance Team. We have multiple roles available and are looking for people in the Northampton, Coventry and Birmingham areas.
It's a really exciting time to join us as we'll be moving to a new and improved Maintenance Depot! As of Monday 5th February, we will be based on Popes Lane, B69 4PN.
What is on offer?
- Basic Salary of £34,918 per annum PLUS;
- Performance bonus of up to £5,000 per annum.
- Out of Hours Payments (on average, around £4,000 per annum).
- Midland Heart Van & Fuel Card.
- Equipment including power tools, full uniform and PPE, as well as a Mobile Phone and IPad PLUS;
- Access to healthcare benefits such as Medicash.
- Access to our Brilliant Benefits portal providing you with access to discounts on a variety of brands and retail stores - for more information, please click here.
- There’s also up to 8% matched pension contributions, 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 within 5 years PLUS the option to purchase 5 extra days per year) and the support needed to develop your career should you need it.
As a Multi-trade Operative, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring that our 35,000 homes are places that people love to live in. Working in both occupied and empty properties, you’ll diagnose and complete a broad range of repairs and / or special projects such as aids and adaptions which, dependent on your specialisms, may include:
- Carpentry & joinery – Fitting doors, kitchens, floorboards.
- Plumbing – Fitting bathroom suites, changing tabs, repairing toilets.
- Plastering – Whole walls, ceilings or rooms.
- Decorating – Painting walls, ceiling and woodwork.
What’re we looking for? You’ll be a talented multi-skilled tradesperson. who has a main trade complemented by skills across one or more other trades. You’ll also have a sound knowledge of site safety and safe working practices and a full UK driving licence is essential. Great people skills are an absolute must, as is the motivation to always leave the customer happy in the knowledge that you’ve done everything you can to help them.
If you hold a relevant Trades qualification, please ensure this is highlighted on your CV at application stage.
For more information on our Trades roles, please click here.
Who are Midland Heart? We’re a large and ambitious housing organisation providing more people an affordable place to call home. We welcome people from every walk of life, at every stage of their career. We expect a lot from our people but in return you can be assured of a great place to work, where you will be well rewarded and where great people are able to succeed. Whether you want to build your career with us, or use your experience to move on, we’re here to develop your potential.
Interested? Applying is easy – simply register on our candidate portal and submit a comprehensive CV, alongside a cover letter, clearly explaining why you’re the ideal candidate for the job.
Please be aware that we have multiple vacancies and that suitable candidates will be invited to an assessment shortly after applying. We'll close applications as soon as all vacancies have been filled.
We’re proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss any adjustments you might need in order to be successful in this role.