Dudley, Lime Gardens, B63 2DQ
£20,280 per annum
39 hours per week
Full Time, Temporary
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Scheme Assistant to join our Lime Gardens Retirement Village, located in Cradley, Dudley. This is a full-time, temporary position for around 6 months, working between the hours of 8-5 (flexibility for commitments such as childcare available).
In this varied and active role, you’ll provide support across the scheme by carrying out domestic cleaning duties and building safety/compliance checks.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all communal areas are cleaned to a high standard including deep cleaning carpeted / non-carpeted areas, furnishings / fittings, windows and walls
- Carrying out regular building safety/compliance checks, as well as reporting repairs when required
- Carrying out general administration duties including filing paperwork and ordering supplies
There’s a real sense of community at Lime Gardens where our customers thoroughly enjoy spending time together in communal areas of the scheme. Some of our customers have more complex needs than others, including learning disabilities and mental health needs, and so need a little more support. As a visible member of the Midland Heart team, you’ll interact with a variety of different people including our valued customers, family and friends, and contractors carrying out maintenance / repairs at the scheme.
Our Ideal Candidate? We are looking for individuals with:
- Experience housekeeping/cleaning/maintaining a tidy work environment
- Previous experience in a customer facing role
- Basic IT skills (Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word and Excel)
- The ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently, and communicate in a pleasant manner with a diverse range of people confidently
Training will be provided on using domestic cleaning equipment and carrying out building safety/compliance checks.
Who are Midland Heart? We’re a large and ambitious housing organisation providing more people an affordable place to call home. We welcome people from every walk of life, at every stage of their career. We expect a lot from our people but in return you can be assured of a great place to work, where you will be well rewarded and where great people are able to succeed. Whether you want to build your career with us, or use your experience to move on, we’re here to develop your potential.
Interested? Click on "Candidate Information" below for a full Role Profile. To apply submit a CV and a Cover Letter explaining why you've got the right skills for this role.
We’re proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss any adjustments you might need in order to be successful in this role.