Birmingham & Surrounding Areas, B69 4PN
Up to £47,000 per annum + Company Vehicle & Fuel (inclusive of bonus and out of hours)
39 hours per week
Full Time, Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrician to join our growing In-House Maintenance team. You’ll play a vital role in ensuring that our 35,000 homes are places that people love to live in. Working in both occupied and empty properties, you’ll undertake electrical installations, servicing, inspection & testing, rectify faults and maintain electrical systems and appliances to a high quality standard, in accordance with the current edition of IET Wiring Regulations.
It's a really exciting time to join us as we'll be moving to a new and improved Maintenance Depot! As of Monday 5th February, we will be based on Popes Lane, B69 4PN.
What is on offer?
- Basic Salary of £37,689 per annum PLUS;
- Performance bonus of up to £5,000 per annum.
- Out of Hours Payments (on average, around £4,000 per annum).
- Midland Heart Van & Fuel Card.
- Equipment including power tools, full uniform and PPE, as well as a Mobile Phone and IPad PLUS;
- Access to healthcare benefits such as Medicash.
- Access to our Brilliant Benefits portal providing you with discount on a variety of major brands and retail stores - for more information, please click here.
- There’s also up to 8% pension contributions, 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 within five years PLUS the option to purchase 5 extra days per annum) and the support needed to develop your career should you need it.
Our ideal candidate? Your application will highlight that you:
- Are an experienced Electrician, with a background in completing electrical repairs and maintenance tasks, ideally on domestic properties.
- Have achieved relevant qualifications including an NVQ Level 3 in Electrotechnical Systems or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds 2360 Parts 1 & 2), Inspection & Testing (i.e. City & Guilds 2391/2394/2395), as well as current accreditation on the requirements of BS 7671 (i.e. City & Guilds 2382: 18th Edition), and be fully conversant with the current IET Wiring Regulations.
- Hold a full UK Manual Driving Licence.
For more information on our Electrician and Trades roles, please click here.
Who are Midland Heart? We’re a large and ambitious housing organisation providing more people an affordable place to call home. We welcome people from every walk of life, at every stage of their career. We expect a lot from our people but in return you can be assured of a great place to work, where you will be well rewarded and where great people are able to succeed. Whether you want to build your career with us, or use your experience to move on, we’re here to develop your potential.
Interested? Applying is easy – simply register on our candidate portal and submit a comprehensive CV, alongside a cover letter, clearly explaining why you’re the ideal candidate for the job.
Please be advised that suitable candidates may invited to take part in an assessment shortly after applying. We reserve the right to stop recruitment activity, should an appointment be made prior to the advertised closing date.
We’re proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss any adjustments you might need in order to be successful in this role.