St Crispin Retirement Village, Duston, Northampton, NN5 4RB
£17,004.62 per annum (£22,106 per annum full time equivalent)
30 hours per week
Part Time, Permanent
We’ve a fantastic opportunity for a Scheme Assistant to join our team at St Crispin's Retirement Village in Northampton! This is a part-time, permanent role for 30 hours per week on a rolling rota:
- Week 1 – Monday to Friday, 9am-3pm.
- Week 2 – Monday to Wednesday, 9am-4pm, and Saturday & Sunday, 9am-3pm.
St Crispin is one of our Retirement Living PLUS Schemes and has five floors, all of which are accessible by a lift and it has 270 one and two bedroom apartments and bungalows, with some having balconies or shared patio areas.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Catering team with daily Restaurant duties such as taking orders and serving meals
- Ensuring all communal areas are cleaned to a high standard including deep cleaning carpeted / non-carpeted areas, furnishings / fittings, windows, and walls
- Carrying out regular building safety/compliance checks, as well as reporting repairs when required on the in-house IT systems
- Carrying out general administration duties including filing paperwork and ordering supplies.
Working as a Scheme Assistant, you'll be part of a tight-knit community where our residents love to get involved in activities and events regularly. As a visible member of the Midland Heart team, it'll be your responsibility to encourage their involvement and offer your support wherever it's needed.
The role is perfect for a people-focused individual who is passionate about making the vulnerable people in our community feel safe and valued.
Our Ideal Candidate? We are looking for individuals with:
- Previous experience in either a waitressing/hospitality related role, a cleaning/housekeeping related role or a customer services related role
- Basic health and safety training, and knowledge of using domestic cleaning equipment
- Basic IT skills (Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Minimum of Food Safety Level 2 qualification or must be obtained within the first 6 months of employment
- Good communication skills and the ability to deal with people from a range of different backgrounds.
Who are Midland Heart? We’re a large and ambitious housing organisation providing more people an affordable place to call home. We welcome people from every walk of life, at every stage of their career. We expect a lot from our people but in return you can be assured of a great place to work, where you will be well rewarded and where great people are able to succeed. Whether you want to build your career with us, or use your experience to move on, we’re here to develop your potential.
Interested? Click on "Candidate Information" below for a full Role Profile. To apply submit a CV and a Cover Letter explaining why you've got the right skills for this role.
We’re proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss any adjustments you might need in order to be successful in this role.