Imperial Court, Rushden, Northampton, NN10 9AF
£14,227 per annum (£23,120 per annum full time equivalent)
24 hours per week
Part Time, Permanent
We’re hiring two Cooks to join our Retirement Living Team at Imperial Court in Rushen, Northampton! Both roles are part-time working 24 hours per week (6 hour shifts) including alternate weekends. We’re happy to discuss working patterns with candidates at interview stage to accommodate individual needs such as childcare and other responsibilities.
As a Cook, you’ll prepare fresh home-cooked meals for our customers, plan fortnightly menus that offer great quality as well as delicious meals, that also meet our customers cultural and dietary needs. You will be competent at managing stock and budgets, including stock taking, placing orders, receiving deliveries and ensuring all activities comply with food safety standards.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and serving home-cooked meals to customers, around 15 covers per day.
- Providing an excellent service for Customers.
- Maintaining and cleaning the kitchen and restaurant area.
- Planning and engaging in themed activities and events for residents.
- Ordering and replenishing food and kitchen supplies, with a focus on staying within budget.
- Populating excel spreadsheets.
Watch our video to find out more about the role of our Cooks - click here!
Our Ideal Candidate? We are looking for people who have:
- Previous cooking/kitchen experience.
- Have a Food Safety Level 2 qualification (if you don’t have this, we will train you on this if you’re successful).
- Are confident in dealing with budgets and stocktaking.
- Are confident in using IT systems (Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Are highly motivated to develop self and others for consistent quality service delivery.
Who are Midland Heart? We’re a large and ambitious housing organisation providing more people an affordable place to call home. We welcome people from every walk of life, at every stage of their career. We expect a lot from our people but in return you can be assured of a great place to work, where you will be well rewarded and where great people are able to succeed. Whether you want to build your career with us, or use your experience to move on, we’re here to develop your potential.
Interested? Please click "Candidate Information" below for a full Role Profile. Applying is easy - simply register on our candidate portal and submit a CV and a cover letter explaining how your experience and skills meet the requirements of the role.
We’re proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss any adjustments you might need in order to be successful in this role.