Coventry, Poppy Court, CV3 3DN
£13,000 per annum
25 hours per week
Part Time, Permanent
Due to a recent promotion, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Scheme Assistant to join our Coventry based Retirement Living team, primarily based at Poppy Court, Willenhall.
This is a part time role working 25 hours per week on a 7-day rota, including weekends. Shifts are 5 hours per day, generally 9am to 2pm.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all communal areas are cleaned to a high standard including deep cleaning carpeted / non-carpeted areas, furnishings / fittings, windows, and walls
- Assisting the Catering team with daily Restaurant duties such as taking orders and serving meals
- Carrying out regular building safety/compliance checks, as well as reporting repairs when required on the in-house IT systems
- Carrying out general administration duties including filing paperwork and ordering supplies
Working as a Scheme Assistant, you'll be part of a tight-knit community where our residents love to get involved in activities and events regularly. As a visibile member of the Midland Heart team, it'll be your responsibility to encourage their involvement and offer your support wherever it's needed.
To hear more about our Retirement Schemes from one of our Scheme Managers, please click here.
This role is mainly based at Poppy Court Retirement Living PLUS scheme, located in a quiet cul-de-sac in Willenhall, Coventry, but includes providing support across our other Schemes in and around Coventry too.
Our Ideal Candidate? We are looking for individuals with:
- Basic health and safety training, and knowledge of using domestic cleaning equipment
- Basic IT skills (Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Minimum of Food Safety Level 2 qualification or must be obtained within the first 6 months of employment
- Good communication skills and the ability to deal with people from a range of different backgrounds
Benefits of the role:
- Development of personal skills and exposure to multiple areas of the business
- Potential for progression in the future – previous Scheme Assistant was promoted which is the reason for this vacancy
- Flexibility with start/finish time for commitments such a school runs etc.
- The chance to join a successful Scheme
- Adjacent to bus stop and On-site parking available
To find out more about the benefits of working with Midland Heart, please click here.
Who are Midland Heart? We’re a large and ambitious housing organisation providing more people an affordable place to call home. We welcome people from every walk of life, at every stage of their career. We expect a lot from our people but in return you can be assured of a great place to work, where you will be well rewarded and where great people are able to succeed. Whether you want to build your career with us, or use your experience to move on, we’re here to develop your potential.
Interested? Click on "Candidate Information" below for a full Role Profile. To apply submit a CV and a Cover Letter explaining why you've got the right skills for this role.
Suitable candidates will be invited to an assessment shortly after applying and we reserve the right to close applications early should we appoint to the role before the closing date of midnight on Monday 24th August 2022.
We’re proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss any adjustments you might need in order to be successful in this role.