Northampton & surrounding areas
£33,255 per annum + performance bonus
39 hours per week
Full Time, Permanent
As a Multi-trade Operative, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring that our 33,000 homes are places that people love to live in. Working in both occupied and empty properties, you’ll diagnose and complete a broad range of repairs which, dependent on your specialisms, may include:
- Carpentry & joinery – Fitting doors, kitchens, floorboards.
- Plumbing – Fitting bathroom suites, changing tabs, repairing toilets.
- Plastering – Whole walls, ceilings or rooms.
- Decorating – Painting walls, ceiling and woodwork.
What’re we looking for? You’ll be a talented multi-skilled tradesperson. who has a main trade complemented by skills across one or more other trades. You’ll also have a sound knowledge of site safety and safe working practices and a full UK driving licence is essential. Great people skills are an absolute must, as is the motivation to always leave the customer happy in the knowledge that you’ve done everything you can to help them.
What do you get in return?
- Salary of £33,255 per annum PLUS;
- Performance bonus up to £5,000 per annum PLUS;
- A one-off payment of £2,000, once you've been with us for 12 months PLUS;
- A one-off payment of £3,000, once you've been with us for 24 months PLUS;
- Out of Hours Payments PLUS;
- Equipment including a medium wheel-based van, power tools, full uniform and PPE, as well as a Mobile Phone and IPad PLUS;
- There’s also a competitive pension, 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 within 5 years) and the support needed to develop your career should you need it.
Interested? Applying is easy – simply register on our candidate portal and submit a comprehensive CV, alongside a cover letter, clearly explaining why you’re the ideal candidate for the job.
Please be aware that we have multiple vacancies and that suitable candidates will be invited to an assessment shortly after applying. We'll close applications as soon as all vacancies have been filled.
We’re proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss any adjustments you might need in order to be successful in this role.