Northampton & surrounding areas
£35,894 per annum + performance bonus
39 hours per week
Full Time, Permanent
Joining us as an Electrician, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring that our 33,000 homes are places that people love to live in. Working in both occupied and empty properties, you’ll undertake electrical installations, servicing, inspection & testing, rectify faults and maintain electrical systems and appliances to a high quality standard, in accordance with the current edition of IET Wiring Regulations.
This position will mainly be covering a patch based in Northampton and it's surrounding areas.
Our ideal candidate? Your application will highlight that you:
- Are an experienced Electrician, with a background in completing electrical repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Have acheived relevant qualifications including an NVQ Level 3 in Electrotechnical Systems or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds 2360 Parts 1 & 2), Inspection & Testing (i.e. City & Guilds 2391/2394/2395), as well as current accreditation on the requirements of BS 7671 (i.e. City & Guilds 2382: 18th Edition), and be fully conversant with the current IET Wiring Regulations.
- Hold a full UK Manual Driving Licence.
What do you get in return?
- Salary of £35,894 per annum PLUS;
- Performance bonus up to £5,000 per annum PLUS
- A one-off payment of £2,000, once you've been with us for 12 months PLUS;
- A one-off payment of £3,000, once you've been with us for 24 months PLUS;
- Out of Hours Payments PLUS;
- Equipment including a medium wheel-based van, power tools, full uniform and PPE, as well as a Mobile Phone and IPad PLUS;
- There’s also a competitive pension, 25 days annual leave and the support needed to develop your career should you need it.
Who are Midland Heart? We’re a large and ambitious housing organisation providing more people an affordable place to call home. We welcome people from every walk of life, at every stage of their career. We expect a lot from our people but in return you can be assured of a great place to work, where you will be well rewarded and where great people are able to succeed. Whether you want to build your career with us, or use your experience to move on, we’re here to develop your potential.
Interested? Applying is easy – simply register on our candidate portal and submit a comprehensive CV, alongside a cover letter, clearly explaining why you’re the ideal candidate for the job.
Please be advised that suitable candidates may invited to take part in an assessment shortly after applying. We reserve the right to stop recruitment activitity, should an appointment be made prior to the advertised closing date.
We’re proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss any adjustments you might need in order to be successful in this role.