Birmingham, Bath Row, B15 1LZ
£38,716 per annum
35 hours per week
Full Time, Permanent
We’re seeking an experienced and proactive Infrastructure Engineer to ensure that all ICT services are kept in good working order, protected from corruption and data loss, and perform well for the end user.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, you’ll be the primary point of contact for escalation of incident from the IT Service Desk. Your responsibilities will include, but aren’t limited to:
- Resolving technical escalations from Service Desk or 2nd Line Service Desk Analysts, often speaking directly with the customer (end user) and IT engineers to ensure they’re resolved within agreed SLAs.
- Ensuring the correct security permissions are allocated around all of our servers and computers.
- Creating and reviewing processes pertaining to the maintenance of the Infrastructure.
- Proactively checking for issues and analysing trends to predict failures.
- Maintaining the security of IT services, including system patching, maintenance of security measures such as firewall, email/web filters and antivirus solutions.
Our ideal candidate? We’re looking for a proactive individual with exceptional customer service and problem-solving abilities, who demonstrates the following:
- Demonstrable experience of taking ownership of and resolving technical IT based incidents and escalations
- An in-depth understanding of network, storage and server technologies and devices
- Holds a professional qualification in one or more of the following areas – Microsoft Server technologies (Microsoft 365, Windows Server, SQL, Exchange, Active Directory), VMware vSphere, Citrix XenApp
- Demonstrates a talent for articulating technical information to non-technical colleagues in a clear, jargon-free way.
In order to maintain visibility with customers and strong working relationships across our organisation, the successful candidate should expect to work 3 days per week from our Birmingham Bath Row office.
Who are Midland Heart? We’re a large and ambitious housing organisation providing more people an affordable place to call home. We welcome people from every walk of life, at every stage of their career. We expect a lot from our people but in return you can be assured of a great place to work, where you will be well rewarded and where great people are able to succeed. Whether you want to build your career with us, or use your experience to move on, we’re here to develop your potential.
Interested? Please click "Candidate Information" below for a full Role Profile. Applying is easy - simply register on our candidate portal and submit a CV and a cover letter explaining how your experience and skills meet the requirements of the role.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is midnight on Sunday 22nd May 2022. However, suitable candidates will be invited to take part in an assessment shortly after applying. We reserve the right to close the recruitment process, should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the advertised date.
We’re proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss any adjustments you might need in order to be successful in this role.