Across the West and East Midlands
£29,000 per annum + performance and retention bonus
39 hours per week
Full Time, Permanent
What’s the job? As a Midland Heart Carpenter, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring that our 33,000 homes are places that people love to live in. Working in both occupied and empty properties, you’ll carry out a range of carpentry and joinery works including but not limited to hanging internal and external doors, fitting kitchens and worktops, replacing floorboards and skirting boards etc.
In order to provide a first-class service to our customer, we’re dedicated to developing all of our Carpenters into Multi-skilled Tradespeople. You’ll therefore be expected to commit to completing further alternative trade qualifications, such as plumbing and plastering (fully funded by us), within 18 months of joining.
What’re we looking for? You’ll be a qualified carpenter (NVQ Level 2 minimum) with experience of carry out a range of domestic plumbing work. You’ll also have a sound knowledge of site safety and safe working practices and a full UK driving licence is essential. Great people skills are an absolute must, as is the motivation to further develop your trade skills.
What do you get in return?
- Initial salary of £29,000, increasing £32,130 per annum upon completion of further trade qualifications PLUS;
- Performance related bonus up to £5,000 per annum PLUS;
- A one-off payment of £2,000, once you've been with us for 12 months PLUS;
- A one-off payment of £3,000, once you've been with us for 24 months PLUS;
- Out of Hours Payments PLUS:
- Equipment including a medium wheel-based van, power tools, full uniform and PPE, as well as a Mobile Phone and IPad PLUS;
- There’s also a competitive pension, 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days within 5 years) and the support needed to develop your career should you need it.
Interested? Applying is easy – simply register on our candidate portal and submit a comprehensive CV, alongside a cover letter, clearly explaining why you’re the ideal candidate for the job.
Please be aware that we have multiple vacancies and that suitable candidates will be invited to an assessment shortly after applying. We'll close applications as soon as all vacancies have been filled.
We’re proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss any adjustments you might need in order to be successful in this role.