Customer Services Officer
Birmingham, Bath Row, B15 1LZ
£22,911 per annum
Full time & Part time roles available
Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
We're seeking people focused, committed and positive individuals with customer service experience to join our fast-paced, high energy Customer Hub - which delivers the best possible customer service to around 70,000 customers across the Midlands.
Working within a highly professional and supportive environment, you will:
- Be the first point of contact for our customers via phone, email and social media.
- Take ownership and ensure first time resolution for a variety of customer queries, you will need to be resilient when faced with regular challenges.
- Service first, means you will provide a first-class customer service, meeting and exceeding customer expectations by taking ownership.
- Work well within and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Identify ways to improve the excellent customer service provided
What’s on offer? We’re looking to fill a number of roles consisting of fixed-term and annualised hours contract. This is a great opportunity to start your career with a leading housing organisation, to gain first hand experience in delivering an excellent service and developing your knowledge of the housing sector. You'll be required to be flexible and work 5 out of 7 days per week, including weekends occasionally. You’ll be supported professionally by Team Leaders to develop and grow your career with Midland Heart.
Our Ideal Candidate? You’ll be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to customer service with proven experience. You must have the ability and resilience to work with a large volume of customer enquiries , you will need to work quickly and with efficiently in this is fast paced environment. You’ll have strong IT skills, with the ability to learn new systems with ease. You’ll be a professional individual who is able to collaborate with others, whilst being inclusive and respectful of diverse colleagues and customers.
Who are Midland Heart? We’re a large and ambitious housing organisation providing more people an affordable place to call home. We welcome people from every walk of life, at every stage of their career. We expect a lot from our people but in return you can be assured of a great place to work, where you will be well rewarded and where great people are able to succeed. Whether you want to build your career with us, or use your experience to move on, we’re here to develop your potential.
Interested? Please register on our candidate portal, upload your CV (including your education history, IT Skills and knowledge and customer service experience) and answer the below question in your cover letter:
- Based on your work history, can you provide a detailed example of when you have resolved a customer enquiry at first point of contact whilst working in a fast-paced environment? What skills did you draw upon to achieve a brilliant outcome and what could you have done differently?
Suitable candidates will be invited to participate in assessments as soon as possible.
We’re proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss any adjustments you might need in order to be successful in this role.