IT Infrastructure Analyst
Birmingham, Bath Row, B15 1LZ
£36,672 per annum
35 hours per week
Full Time, Temporary
We’re seeking an experienced and proactive Infrastructure Analyst to join us on a 12-month fixed-term contract, to ensure that all ICT services are kept in good working order, protected from corruption and data loss, and perform well for the end user.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, responsibilities will include, but aren’t limited to:
- Resolving technical escalations from Service Desk or TSA staff, often speaking directly with the customer (end user) and IT engineers to ensure they’re resolved within agreed SLAs.
- Ensuring the correct security permissions are allocated around all of our servers and computers.
- Creating and reviewing processes pertaining to the maintenance of the Infrastructure.
- Proactively checking for issues and analysing trends to predict failures.
- Maintaining the security of IT services, including system patching, maintenance of security measures such as firewall, email/web filters and antivirus solutions.
Our ideal candidate? As the primary point of contact for escalations of incidents from the IT Service Desk, you’ll have an in-depth hands-on experience of network, storage and server technologies and devices complemented by a professional qualification in one or more of the following areas – Microsoft Server technologies (Windows Server, SQL, Exchange, Active Directory), VMware vSphere, Citrix XenApp.
Importantly, you’ll have exceptional customer service, communication and problem-solving abilities, with a talent for articulating technical information to non-technical colleagues in a clear, jargon-free way.
Who are Midland Heart? We’re a large and ambitious housing organisation providing more people an affordable place to call home. We welcome people from every walk of life, at every stage of their career. We expect a lot from our people but in return you can be assured of a great place to work, where you will be well rewarded and where great people are able to succeed. Whether you want to build your career with us, or use your experience to move on, we’re here to develop your potential.
Interested? Please click "Candidate Information" below for a full Role Profile. Applying is easy - simply register on our candidate portal and submit a CV and a cover letter explaining how your experience and skills meet the requirements of the role.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is midnight on Sunday 18th April 2021.
We’re proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss any adjustments you might need in order to be successful in this role.