This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
Job Type - Catering
Contract Type - Part Time, Permanent
Location - Lime Gardens, Halesowen, B63 2DQ
Salary - £11,202 per annum
Hours - 24 hours per week
We're looking for a Cook with the passion and drive needed to provide the residents of our Lime Gardens Retirement Living Scheme with a proper home-cooked experience in their on-site restaurant.
Working 24 hours per week, you'll cook tasty, nutritious meals for our residents, working under instruction as well as independently when required. You'll develop an understanding of residents' tastes and plan a varied menu to meet these - liaising all changes with the Catering Manager.
We're looking for people who:
- Have experience of working in catering service.
- Have a Food Safety Level 2 qualification – or must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
- Are confident in operating a basic till and cash handling.
- Are highly motivated to develop self and others for consistent quality service delivery.
- Have a sufficient knowledge of HAACP and implementation.
Who are we? Midland Heart is a large and ambitious housing organisation providing more people an affordable place to call home. We welcome people from every walk of life, at every stage of their career. Whether you want to build your career with us, or use your experience to move on, we’re here to develop your potential.
Interested? Applying is easy – simply register on our candidate portal and submit a detailed CV setting out your career history with a cover letter of no more than 2 pages which showcases your career achievements and suitability for the role.
Applications close on midnight on Sunday 16th June 2019.