Job Type - Jobs in Housing
Contract Type - Full Time, Temporary
Location - Bath Row, Birmingham
Salary - £27,944 per annum
Hours - 35 hours per week
We now have an opportunity for a Money Advisor to join our Income Team on a fixed term basis for 12 months to cover Maternity leave. The overall aim of the Money Advice Team is to provide an excellent all round money advice service for customers and staff.
To be successful in this role you’ll need to be qualified as a Debt Relief Order Intermediary with a proven track record of delivering an impartial, effective and efficient customer focused money advice service to customers, ensuring that their income is maximised and that appropriate strategies are put in place to maintain a financially healthy lifestyle.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 12 months experience of working with people in debt in a similar role.
- An in depth knowledge and understanding of The Welfare Reform, with a solid grounding and experience of the law regarding debt recovery.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal are essential in the role, as is the ability to effectively communicate with our customers is essential.
- An awareness of the current benefits system.
- A certificate in Money Advice Practice.
What do you get in return? Midland Heart is passionate about providing you with a great place to work, alongside our CIPD award winning reward initiative. We invest in our employees by providing learning and development opportunities, a competitive salary and generous annual leave entitlement. We value diversity; whoever you are, you will be valued and respected in your role.
Interested? Please view the attached Role Profile and Behaviour & Standards Framework for more information. To apply, please register on our candidate portal and submit a comprehensive CV. Please also include a cover letter of no more than two pages, which demonstrates your career achievements and clearly explains how you meet the requirements of the role.