Job Type - Jobs in Care & Support
Contract Type - Full Time, Part Time
Location - Bevan Court and Poppy Court, Coventry
Salary - £8.65 per hour
Hours - Various
We are looking for permanent and temporary Cooks with the passion and drive to join our Retirement Living schemes in Coventry. The fantastic opportunities on offer are as follows:
- 39 hours per week permanent Cook split across Poppy Court, CV3 3DN and Bevan Court, CV3 5JB
- 30 hours per week permanent Cook at Poppy Court
- 30 hours per week temporary Cook at Bevan Court
As a Cook, you are required to provide good home cooked meals to our residents, working under instruction as well as using your own initiative. You will be responsible for menu planning specific to scheme requirements and communicating all changes with the Catering Manager.
We are looking for people who:
- Have experience of working in catering service
- Have a Food Safety Level 2 qualification – or must be obtained within 6 months of employment
- Are confident in using computer based ordering goods and produce systems
- Are highly motivated to develop self and others for consistent quality service delivery
- Have a sufficient knowledge of HAACP and implementation
We are an employer passionate about providing you with a great place to work. As well as a competitive salary and generous leave entitlement, you’ll benefit from our CIPD award winning reward initiative, including a range of voluntary and salary sacrifice benefits, generous pension arrangements, as well as the opportunity to develop your skills.
To apply, please register on our candidate portal and submit a comprehensive CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements, with a cover letter of no more than two pages which clearly explains how you think you meet the requirements of this role.
Applications will close on the 29th October 2018. We reserve the right to close this advert before the advertised date if deemed necessary.
A group assessment including an activity and a panel interview will take place on the 8th November 2018. Following this successful candidate’s will be invited back to undertake a shadowing exercise on the 13th November 2018.
If you have a disability and require a hard copy pack or a different format, for example large print, please contact the HR department on 0345 602 0540 ext. 5940.
If you have any questions about the role, or would like some further information, please contact Saima Yaqub, Apprenticeship and Volunteering Manager on 0345 602 0540 ext. 6002.