This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
People Case Officer
Job Type - Jobs in Housing
Contract Type - Full Time, Permanent
Location - Bath Row, Birmingham
Salary - £28,678 per annum
Hours - 35 hours per week
Are you a tenancy fraud specialist looking for a new challenge? Do you want to play a leading role in developing our approach to housing and tenancy fraud?
As a key member of our People Team you will be responsible for carrying out investigations in to suspected fraud, including searches, inspections, as well as interviewing witnesses and suspects. You will analyse, assess and present the evidence gathered from an investigation and make recommendations for legal intervention where this is necessary and/ or provide robust decision making for case closure.
We are looking for people who:
- Have experience of criminal or civil investigations in a fraud context, including interviewing, statement-taking, searches and property inspections.
- Are experienced in using Open Source intelligence/ searches.
- Have excellent skills in investigative techniques.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Are prepared to conduct visits to and inspect properties wherever you may be reasonably required and be prepared to carry out these tasks at unsocial hours or at weekends, if necessary.
- Having an awareness of the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud Act 2013 and Right to Buy legislation would be advantageous.
The role requires the post holder to cover a regional area, so the ability to travel across our geography will be an essential part of the role. As such it is essential that you both drive and have access to a car.
What can we offer you? We are a flexible employer passionate about providing you with a great place to work. As well as a competitive salary and generous leave entitlement, you’ll benefit from our award winning reward initiative, including a range of voluntary and salary sacrifice benefits and generous pension arrangements.
We are a large and ambitious housing organisation providing more people an affordable place to call home. We welcome people from every walk of life, at every stage of their career. Whether you want to build your career with us, or use your experience to move on, we’re here to develop your potential.
To apply please register on our candidate portal and submit a detailed CV setting out your career history with a cover letter of no more than 2 pages which clearly explains how you think you meet the requirements of this role and which demonstrates your career achievements.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 21 September 2018