Head of Risk and Audit
Job Type - Jobs in Business Support
Contract Type - Full Time, Permanent
Location - Bath Row, Birmingham
Salary - £57,751 per annum
Hours - 35 hours per week
This is a great opportunity for a high-calibre, experienced Risk and Audit professional to deliver our risk management programme - aligning it to our strategy, ensuring it is relevant to the issues our organisation faces and providing insight, expertise and the assurance we need to deliver our objectives against our all-important Corporate plan.
As a member of Midland Heart’s leadership group, this role will be responsible for:
- Managing an Enterprise wide risk management programme – identifying market changes or events which may affect our organisation and providing reasonable assurance regarding the achievement of Midland Heart’s corporate objectives.
- Managing a risk-based internal audit programme, providing assurance to the board that risk management processes are managing risks effectively, in relation to the our appetite
- Implementing our anti-fraud policy including raising awareness among staff of fraud risks.
- Managing Midland Heart’s insurance programme and insurance budget; ensuring we have the right insurance policies in place to meet our risks.
- Managing Midland Heart’s policy framework, ensuring that all policies are fit for purpose, up to date and legislatively / best practice compliant.
Our ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant or member of the Institute of Internal Audit with proven experience of working at a senior level in Risk and Audit, ideally in a sector subject to Regulation. You’ll have a great knowledge of enterprise-wide risk and audit processes, not just financial risk management and audit, and an ability to distil outcomes from these processes into practical and focussed recommendations for business process improvement.
This rewarding role offers great scope and the opportunity to work closely with leaders across the organisation. You’ll be well organised, with excellent written and verbal communications, and have a proactive and creative approach to problem solving.
What can we offer you? We are a flexible employer passionate about providing you with a great place to work. Based at our Bath Row office in the centre of Birmingham, this role is offered on a permanent basis with a salary of £57,751 per annum. As well as a competitive salary and generous leave entitlement, you’ll benefit from our CIPD award winning reward initiative, including a range of voluntary and salary sacrifice benefits, generous pension arrangements, as well as the opportunity to develop your skills further.
If you feel you meet the brief, we’d love to hear from you. For a confidential discussion you are able to contact Andrew Foster, Executive Director of Governance and Contracts on 0121 666 533
To apply, please register on our candidate portal and submit a comprehensive CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements, supported by a cover letter of no more than 2 pages which clearly explains how you think you meet the requirements of this role.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 9am on Tuesday 29th May 2018.
Assessments will take place on Tuesday 5th June 2018.