Senior Property Lawyer
Job Type - Jobs in Business Support
Contract Type - Full Time, Permanent
Location - Bath Row, Birmingham
Salary - Circa £55,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Hours - 35 hours per week
Midland Heart is the region’s largest social landlord and we are seeking a Senior Property Lawyer up to the challenge of providing sound legal advice to internal customers, regarding a wide range of property matters, across an organisation that owns 33,000 homes and growing.
Key responsibilities will include, but aren’t limited to:
- Providing legal advice in relation to various property portfolio projects across the organisation, ensuring they are geared to deliver an acceptable return/outcome.
- Issue and termination of commercial leases; relaying relevant advice and support to the instructing officers.
- Identifying knowledge gaps and training colleagues across all property related departments, with the aim of making them “self-sufficient”.
- Lodging and defending adverse possession claims.
- Identifying and advising the organisation on enfranchisement opportunities.
This is a challenging role suited to a lawyer (solicitor or legal executive) with 5-8 years PQE, who possess extensive knowledge and experience of advising on and transacting property law matters. Given the amount of stock Midland Heart owns, the successful candidate can expect a fast-paced working environment and should be capable of managing a varied high case load.
What can we offer you? We are a flexible employer passionate about providing our employees with a great place to work. As well as a competitive salary and generous leave entitlement, the successful candidate will benefit from our CIPD award winning reward initiative, including a range of voluntary and salary sacrifice benefits, generous pension arrangements, as well as the opportunity to develop their skills.
To apply, please submit a comprehensive CV supported by covering letter of no more than 2 pages, clearly explaining how you meet the requirements of this role and which demonstrates your career achievements.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 27th April 2018.
Recruitment Agencies please note that we do not accept speculative CVs and should one be submitted, we will assume the candidate is our own.