Job Type - Jobs in Business Support
Contract Type - Part Time
Location - Bath Row, Birmingham
Salary - £24,000 per annum (pro rata)
Hours - 21 hours per week
Midland Heart now has an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Operative to join our Facilities team at our Bath Row, Birmingham office.
As a Facilities Operative, you are responsible to provide a range of Facilities support services at the company’s head office site in Birmingham City Centre. To ensure that our customers are provided with high quality office environment which are safe, healthy, clean and productive. You will be working closely with the Facilities Supervisor and as part of the Facilities team undertaking variety of building maintenance tasks that are both planned and reactive to ensure the smooth running of Midland Heart’s office. As part of your duties you will be responsible to open and close the business following the opening and lock up procedure including the operation of the intruder alarm system.
This role will include shift work, on call and occasional weekend working. Additional allowance to be paid for on call duties.
Please note this is a part time position
We are looking for people who:
- Have a full, current manual driving licence
- A trade qualification that is relevant to facilities management or equivalent demonstrable skills
- Manual Handling qualification
- Have a good understanding of office building plant and systems and how to maintain equipment
- Are willing to obtain a first aid qualification
- Has problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure and maintain customer focus
- Is prepared to work shifts, evening and weekends as required.
In return, we offer:
- A competitive salary which is regularly reviewed and benchmarked with the market
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays (pro rated)
- Company pension
- Childcare vouchers
- Shopping & leisure discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular tailored training & personal development plans
Please direct to the bottom of the advert to read the role profile in full, before you apply by submitting your CV and a short covering letter 2 pages max.
Please note applications without a covering letter will not be accepted.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Mo Aslam, Facilities Operations Supervisor, 0121 666 5417 or 07799 095 774
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format, for example large print, please contact the HR department on 0845 850 1020 ext 5940
We reserve the right to close this advert before the advertised date if deemed necessary.
Midland Heart aspires to be a digital organisation that minimises its impact on the environment. Wherever possible, we will conduct transactions digitally rather than by paper and ask that current and future employees share this commitment. Where required, we will support colleagues to be digitally enabled.