Family Floating Support Worker
Job Type - Jobs in Care & Support
Contract Type - Part Time
Location - Lozells Road, Birmingham
Salary - £17,682.00 per annum (full time equivalent)
Hours - 30 hours per week
Midland Heart has an exciting opportunity for a Family Floating Support Worker to join our Supported Living team at our Lozells Road, Birmingham office.
As a Family Floating Support Worker you will provide high quality support to families across the city of Birmingham to enable them to access and/or maintain their accommodation. Staff work Monday to Friday 9am till 5pm. You will work with a variety of people and gain insight into managing challenging situations around safeguarding adults and children.
We are looking for people who:
- Can demonstrate empathy, passion and commitment to the needs and aspirations of homeless and vulnerable families
- Has a good standard of knowledge of Child Protection and Child in Need including Early help assessments
- Has the ability to work alone and also ability to travel across the Birmingham area.
If you are supportive, dedicated, customer focused and want to make a difference in your local community, then we would love to hear from you.
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary which is regularly reviewed and benchmarked with the market
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Company pension
- Childcare vouchers
- Shopping & leisure discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular tailored training & personal development plans
For an informal Chat about the role please contact Jill Henderson Team Leader on 0845-850-1020 Ext 6098
Interview and assessment will be held on 8th November 2017
Please direct to the bottom of the advert to read the role profile in full, before you apply by submitting your CV and a short covering letter max one page.
Please note applications without a covering letter will not be accepted.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format, for example large print, please contact the HR department on 0845 850 1020 ext 5940
We reserve the right to close this advert before the advertised date if deemed necessary.
Midland Heart aspires to be a digital organisation that minimises its impact on the environment. Wherever possible, we will conduct transactions digitally rather than by paper and ask that current and future employees share this commitment. Where required, we will support colleagues to be digitally enabled.